Sunday, April 09, 2006

NES modding

Hey Everybody I was surfing around waiting for calls like always and I found a few NES mods that I thought were really cool. I have seen mods and NES ones before but this is the one that motivated me to write about them, and to look at the link of the original article, click on the image to open a new window.




mp3 player reg nintendo controller!!


Isn't this one of the coolest things you have EVER seen?? Apparently it's easy. Are you still lost? It's a regular Nintendo, NES, mp3 player. The D pad is volume is left and right, the track changes with the up and down arrows. B doesn't do anything but A pauses. The select button is subsituted with a switch and that makes it normal or loop shuffle. The start button was subsituted with another switch that is off and on. Oh. My. God. Ipod shuffle eat my ass because this is awesome and anybody that trips out on modernretro or whatever you would call this would have one.

Moving on....

This is my second favorite. An external harddrive that is put into a NES cartridge.




harddrived NES cartridge


This is also an easy one but clever. I wouldn't mind having an NES cartridge around, rather then just a boring case. But what one would I use? Rad Racer? Super mario bros 3? And with examples in pics and mods they ALWAYS use the gold colored zelda. Sure it's gold but not everybody is into RPG's. And some of them have ALOT better box art. Like I said Rad Racer, or a more obscure mtv's remote control, california games, Friday the 13th, the list goes on. I wouldn't mind this around for sure, in a laptop backpack it would rock.




techeblog.com top 10 NES mods
I have a friend that told me he modded a spare xbox into a millenium falcon and he used that as a DVD player in the front room. This is from the techeblog.com top 10 NES mods. This is a really good way to make your dvd player blend in with your video game consoles. Cyberhome though? I bought one of these once for a x-mas present for somebody and it broke after like 5 months. Cheapass. And that looks like an uber old monitor, not a tv. Weird.
Anyway, here are the rest of the links I found,


Controlling a R.O.B. from a NES controller















WORLD's LARGEST NES controller!!

In other news, I can't wait until I get paid on Monday so I can rush over to this guy's house and buy his guitar off of him. I met him on craigslist and I mentioned it before. I am stoked!! And remember, always love even when you outta fight :)

No comments: