Thursday, April 13, 2006

Dear mr. President...would you buy my cd....

I have been listening to Pink a lot lately online, I respect her, God is a DJ isn't just a techno piece of crap, I'm an atheist and I am like, "hell yeah God is a DJ!! and the world is a dancefloor..." Trouble is my least fave, family portrait, even though I can't relate to a divorced family I totally feel her and I feel it's well written. But have you ever CRIED during a song?


Well....


http://www.radionewsamerica.com/media/kynd/president.mp3


I first thought it was a general song, a timeless song about any president. Until she sang "You've came a long way.....from WHISKEY AND COCAINE!!" then I thought ahhh it all makes sense now lol. This article though, when I was trying to find the live version to post a link to play the video of her doing it live for ya'll, I read the article and it was touching. I also learned a couple of things that I didn't know about our beloved Pink. I want to buy this cd now, which is pretty amazing because I didn't before I saw this concert on mtv.com which I highly recemmend to everybody to go check out, it's on mtv overdrive, in her playlist. Dear Mr. president, the song she sings with Dad, all there and her hair is awesome, if I was more femme I would do that. Anyway I know all of my fans (yeah, right) want to know the part that I started tearing up. It was this part...

Let me tell you bout hard work

Minimum wage with a baby on the way

Let me tell you bout hard work

Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away

Let me tell you bout hard work

Building a bed out of a cardboard box

Let me tell you bout hard work

Hard work

Hard work

don't know nothing bout hard work

Hard work

Hard work

=====

Why did that bother me? The cardboard box part got to me because for a month I was homeless, I was living in a car, I didn't want to be apart from my best friend and live with my family. I don't get along with them enough to tolerate them 24-7 (I am living with my sisters now, they don't have a problem with my job, and my attitude, so I am living with them until I can move out) so I washed myself out of a sink, I slept in a car in the parking lot of Wal-mart and it wasn't fun. I did work out of the car too LOL I had to though....The thing I didn't like was no privacy. The shower thing I handled, after the inconvience of washing my body and hair out of a friend's sink, I felt clean. It's just no place to watch tv and no privacy made me suffer. It seems like though everytime I get comfortable and start taking my situation for granted it's pulled away, that is what happened with this. I thought we were doing fine, I gave my pathetic check to my best friend and then he applied it to rent, or the cable, or whatever. But then we got the eviction. The problem? Me working at the time was enough, sure, but I wasn't making good enough to stay there before for about 4 months, so we had back rent we couldn't pay because we were just making ends meet. It seems like that is way too common, people in general.

We can pay our bills but if there is a broken leg, figuratively or literally, we are screwed.

This was the second time I was homeless, I did this for about a month another time. I worked at the cemetary and I lived in the office building / garage for 8 months free gratis until they finally kicked us!! But that wasn't IMO homeless, it was the month after that we had to go looking for work. At the cemetary I still had to wash out of the sink. I try to remember those times. For when I am buying a gently used guitar after payday and I will actually have a place to play it and practice.

By the way, I finally got paid today and I couldn't be more excited to get that thing in my hands at home!! Sweet!!! I have to wait until tomorrow so that is pure torture, I have been obsessing about this, you have to realize, and so I feel like I am on christmas eve!! BAM BAM CUM FEEL THE NOIZE BAM BAM!!! Just kidding hahaa...

Everybody that goes on the INTERWEB heh has seen this but this is a great related video, a video of george w bush drunk at somebody's wedding it's pretty funny but slightly offending to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdeCl1ZDYwo&search=drunk%20bush

Oh yeah and I am sorry to all the relatives that have just read this post. It's just the way it goes sometimes, till next time, always love, even when you outta fight....

BAMM BAMM.....

No comments: